Corey Feldman took to Twitter early Thursday morning to share more details about the alleged stabbing incident that resulted in him being hospitalized Tuesday night.
The Goonies star, who had initially said he’d been stabbed in an “attempted homicide,” shared new details in an interview with TMZ in which he said he’d been jabbed once on Tuesday night in Los Angeles — either with the tip of a knife or a syringe.
Feldman is being tested for infections, according to his reps.
The 46-year-old actor said he was driving home from dinner with his security guard when he noticed a car on the freeway driving so erratically it caused a crash.
Feldman said he got off the freeway and noticed a car was following him and it looked similar to the car he witnessed driving erratically.
He revealed that his security guard spoke with someone in the other car and when Feldman was stopped at a red light, a passenger from the other car pulled his door open and jabbed him once with a sharp object.
Feldman said his bodyguard, a “very big, brooding, bald-headed” six-foot-four-inch tall man, cracked the passenger window advised the man to go back to his car, warning, “Don’t approach our car.”
“He got one stab in, that was it. And it was a very small punctuation,” he recalled. “It was like a dot. It was bleeding, but it was like a dot. So I don’t know if he just got me with just the tip of the knife, or if he got me with a syringe. That’s the part we don’t know.”
He described the man as a “short guy, bald head, Mexican fellow.”
“Corey got jabbed with a long, sharp object last night after a business meeting,” his rep said. “He was in the car with his security team at the time. Initially, he was very shaken up and scared. He thinks he was stabbed with a syringe of some sort and there is concern that it may be infected.”
His rep added that Feldman is being “tested for HIV” and “any other diseases” that could result from being stabbed with an infected needle.
Feldman couldn’t say for sure that the incident was related to the pedophilia claims he’s made over the last six months, but he said that he found it “very odd that a group of Mexican guys would pull over a car, go as far as opening a door and stabbing the person inside because generally, if they’re gonna do that kind of aggressive move, they’re gonna ask for a wallet or your car keys … This guy just got back in his car and left.”
Feldman shared two photos of himself lying in a hospital bed on Wednesday morning. He alleged that three men approached him in his car.
“I’m in the hospital! I was attacked 2nite! A man opened my car door & stabbed me w something! Please say prayers 4 us! Thank god it was only myself & my security in the car, when 3 men approached! While security was distracted, w a guy a car pulled up & attacked! I’m OK!,” Feldman tweeted with two photos of himself in the hospital.
In a followup tweet, Feldman said the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) is investigating the incident.
“@LAPD r currently investigating the case as an attempted homicide! I have had mounting threats on all SM platforms by this vile “wolfpack” & this i’m sure is a result of those negative actions! I have reason 2 believe its all connected! Enough is enough! How sick r these ppl?!?,” he tweeted.
LAPD spokeswoman Officer Rosario Herrera says there is “no suspect at this time and the investigation is ongoing.”
Police told CBS Los Angeles that they could not yet substantiate Feldman’s claims that the attack was possibly in retaliation for him reporting an alleged pedophile ring to the LAPD.
In an appearance on The Dr. Oz Show last year, Feldman told the host that he was sexually abused when he was a child.
Feldman filed a report with Los Angeles police early last November after publicly naming some of his alleged abusers while on The Dr. Oz Show.
The LAPD previously said that it dropped its investigation into Feldman’s claims that a pedophile ring had been victimizing young actors in Hollywood because too much time had passed since the alleged incidents.
Last October, Feldman launched his Indiegogo campaign to help raise US$10 million (a “flexible” target) to make a movie about his life and to expose an alleged pedophilia ring in Hollywood. He says he wants to make the movie without the help of a studio so he can avoid censorship, and says that he will use the donated money to ensure the film gets distributed to theatres for wide release. So far, the campaign has raised just over US$273,151.Follow @KatieScottNews
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.