Actor Corey Feldman says he was stabbed in the stomach late Tuesday night in Reseda, Calif.
According to Los Angeles police, sometime before 10 p.m. and midnight, officers were called to a Reseda residence on an assault with a deadly weapon call.
The Stand By Me star tweeted about the incident early Wednesday, explaining that three men approached him and his security guard while they were sitting in his car in Los Angeles.
CBS Los Angeles reports that police arrived to find the 46-year-old Feldman suffering from a minor stab wound to his abdomen. Police said he was stabbed with a small, sharp unknown object.
Feldman transported himself to the hospital, according to police. The injuries are believed to be non-life threatening.
“I’m in the hospital! I was attacked 2nite! A man opened my car door & stabbed me w something! Please say prayers 4 us! Thank god it was only myself & my security in the car, when 3 men approached! While security was distracted, w a guy a car pulled up & attacked! I’m OK!,” Feldman tweeted with two photos of himself in the hospital.
In a follow-up tweet, Feldman said the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) is investigating the incident.
“@LAPD r currently investigating the case as an attempted homicide! I have had mounting threats on all SM platforms by this vile “wolfpack” & this i’m sure is a result of those negative actions! I have reason 2 believe its all connected! Enough is enough! How sick r these ppl?!?,” he tweeted.
Police told CBS Los Angeles that they could not yet substantiate Feldman’s claims that the attack was possibly in retaliation for him reporting an alleged pedophile ring to the LAPD.
The department does not have a suspect description, and it has not determined what weapon was used in the attack. An investigation is ongoing.
In an appearance on The Dr. Oz Show last year, Feldman told the host that he was sexually abused when he was a child.
Feldman filed a report with Los Angeles police early last November after publicly naming some of his alleged abusers while on The Dr. Oz Show.
The LAPD previously said that it dropped its investigation into Feldman’s claims that a pedophile ring had been victimizing young actors in Hollywood because too much time had passed since the alleged incidents.
Last October, Feldman launched his Indiegogo campaign to help raise US$10 million (a “flexible” target) to make a movie about his life and to expose an alleged pedophilia ring in Hollywood. He wants to make the movie without the help of a studio so he can avoid censorship, and says that he will use the donated money to ensure the film gets distributed to theatres for wide release. So far, the campaign has raised just over US$273,151.Follow @KatieScottNews
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.